With the aim of making piano competitions accessible to those who, in this era of pandemic, find themselves having difficulty to travel, Orbetello Piano Competition offers an ONLINE section (Asynchronous mode). The online competition will take place between 1 to 20 April 2022 with the screning (in private), by the jury, of the videos that must be sent by the candidates by 20 March 2022 (see requirements below).
The competition is open to pianists of any nationality, who can compete in different categories, from children to pianists up to 35 years old (see categories below).
In 2022, Orbetello Piano Competition organizes both a face-to-face competition and an online competition. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to apply for both the online and face-to-face competition. You will need to choose which contest to register for.
Categories will be as follows, according to date of birth:
Cat. PRE-CATEGORY(children who have born after 1 Jan 2014)
Cat. A (Born Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2013)
Cat. B (Born Jan 1, 2010 – Dec 31, 2011)
Cat. C (Born Jan 1, 2008 – Dec 31, 2009)
Cat. D (Born Jan 1, 2006 – Dec 31, 2007)
Cat. E (Born Jan 1, 2004 – Dec 31, 2005)
Cat. F (Born Jan 1, 2002 – Dec 31, 2003)
Cat. G – Young Interpreter (Born Jan 1, 2000 – Dec 31, 2001)
Cat. H – Master Interpreter (Born Jan 1, 1987 – Dec 31 1999)
It is Possible to apply to a higher age category (but not to a younger one), but in any case it’s possible to apply only to one category.
Program (one round – free repertoire PIANO SOLO – NO CONCERTO)
Cat. PRE-CATEGORY maximum 5 minutes
Cat. A maximum 7 minutes
Cat. B maximum 7 minutes
Cat. C maximum 10 minutes
Cat. D maximum 10 minutes
Cat. E maximum 15 minutes
Cat. F maximum 15 minutes
Cat. G – Young Interpreter maximum 20 minutes
Cat. H – Master Interpreter maximum 20 minutes
A little flexibility (1 minute tolerance exceeding) is possible. EDIT 30th January 2022
No minimum timing required
Please don’t hesitate to write us if you have any doubts.
Cat. PRE-CATEGORY €40
Cat. A €50
Cat. B €50
Cat. C €60
Cat. D €60
Cat. E €70
Cat. F €70
Cat. G – Young Interpreter €75
Cat. H – Master Interpreter €80
Points from 98 to 100: First Absolute Prize and diploma
Points from 90 up: First Prize and diploma
Points from 80 to 89,99: Second prize and diploma
Points from 70 to 79,99: third prize and diploma
Points below 70: Mention
ABSOLUTE PRIZES AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
The first prizes (absolute or not absolute) with highest points will get a scholarship monetary prize
Cat. PRE-CATEGORY: First prize with HIGHEST POINTS €150
Cat. A: First prize with HIGHEST POINTS €200
Cat. B: First prize with HIGHEST POINTS €200
Cat. C: First prize with HIGHEST POINTS €250
Cat. D: First prize with HIGHEST POINTS €250
Cat. E: First prize with HIGHEST POINTS €350
Cat. F: First prize with HIGHEST POINTS €350
Cat. G – Young Interpreter: First prize with HIGHEST POINTS €500
Cat. H – Master Interpreter: First prize with HIGHEST POINTS €650 + one concert
It will be possible to divide the echonomic prize in the case of ex- aequo (exactly equal score)
FIRST ABSOLUTE PRIZE means exactly: points no less than 98\100
“With highest points” means that, for example, in the case of two absolute prizes in one category, one with 98\100 and one with 99\100, the economic prize will be won by the candidate who obtained the highest score.
- Online Masterclasses by Franz Liszt Center Spain (selected pianists from Jury and Artistic Director)
No competitor will be admitted who has studied in the last two years with a jury member: each juror will sign a relevant declaration about the contestans. The jury’s decision is final.
– The video must be made without video cuts, keeping a fixed shot, with the face and the hands of the candidate clearly visible at all times; Edit 17 March: face masks due to Covid restrictions are accepted, but still the candidates must be absolutely recognizable
– Any type of editing or manipulation of audio and video is prohibited, and the disqualification of the contestant may occur.
– The program can be recorded at separate times and then assembled into a single(preferably) video, or it can be recorded entirely without cuts between one piece and another (Variations must be recorded in a single video – Sonatas and multi-part pieces should be PREFERABLY recorded in one shot. It’s possible also to submit individually parts of works – example 1st movement of a Sonata alone) – EDIT 7 Feb 2022
– All videos must be recent (2021\2022). Disqualification may occur in the case the video is found to be circulating before 2021. The participation in the related category is accordingly to the Category requirements, not to the date of the recording of the video. Current age of contestant is the criteria of participation in the category, not the date of the recording.
– The video is not necessarily supposed to be recorded in a professional studio but might be recorded also into a domestic environment.
– The candidate must upload the video to a personal Youtube channel (or to a Youtube channel of a parent or contact person) by setting the visibility on “Public” and indicating in the title:
“ORBETELLO ONLINE PIANO COMPETITION 2022” – NAME AND SURNAME
COMPETITOR – CATEGORY (Name of category). ”
In the description you must enter the program executed;
– The video link should preferably be unique and inserted in the application form;
– By submitting your registration you automatically authorize the organization of the competition to use this video for the related purposes in the competition: sending the videos to the jurors and publishing the videos on the site and on social channels.
By applying to the competition you accept all the articles included into this notice. In the case of any demonstration, the Italian text of this regulation will be worthy.
Application deadline 20th March 2022
To apply to Orbetello Piano Competition you need to send:
- Name, Family name, birth place and date, Nationality, Address, phone number, email address, Italian TAX CODE (If available) – If the candidate is under 18 years old also give those data from a parent\tutor – you can USE THE APPLICATION FORM IN THE APPLICATION PAGE OF THE WEBSITE (available in January)
- Program for the competition and Link of the Youtube Video
- A portrait photo for the competition graphics
- Privacy statement paper with signature (to be found in the Application page in January)
- Following the pre-registration you will receive payment instructions in order to have final confirmation of the application
PLEASE USE THE APPLICATION FORM ON THE “APPLICATION” PAGE. In the case you need technical assistance, please refer to email@example.com but don’t send application documents to that email.
The application to Orbetello ONLINE Piano Competition DOES NOT ALLOW the application to Orbetello PRESENTIAL Piano Competition, so one candidate can NOT apply to both competition. It’s necessary to choose.
On registration for the competition applicants tacitly accept all rules contained in this notification. The Italian version of this announcement will be deemed official in the case of any subsequent contestation.
The application fee is one-time payment and it includes participation in the competition. The registration fee will be refunded only in the event that the competition cannot be held due to the decision of the artistic direction. In case of a change of mind of the candidate, notified after the registration deadline, it will not be possible to refund the registration fee.
It wil not also be possible to switch from Online to Presential competition and Vice-Versa after the deadline of 20th March.
This cultural event is not comparable to the sweepstakes, as intended by D.P.R.430/2001, art.6 com.1. Therefore, the Resolution n.8/1251 of the 28th October 1976 decides that the prizes will not be income taxed at the source.However,we specify that the final prizes will be added to Your personal income and the winners will have to pay own compulsory contributions on the basis of Your income tax return.
In order to participate to the competition it’s necessary to fill in the privacy consent form that you will find in the Application Page. You can read the Privacy Disclamimer here below