The competition will be held Online -asynchronous mode – through 10th April – 10th May and is open to pianists from any Nationality.
The jury will listen to the videos sent by the participants – asynchronous mode – and will use the point range system to evaluate the performances sent.
Categories will be as follows:
Cat. A up to 11 years old (candidates who haven’t turned 12 at the date of 10th April 2021)
Cat. B from 12 to 14 years old (candidates who haven’t turned 15 at the date 10th April 2021)
Cat. C from 15 to 17 years old (candidates who haven’t turned 18 at the date 10th April 2021)
Cat. D from 18 to 21 years old (candidates who haven’t turned 22 at the date 10th April 2021)
It is Possible to apply to a higher age category (but not to a younger one), but in any case it’s possible to apply only to one category.
It’s possible to apply to one category at JUNIOR competition and at the same time to apply to Orbetello Master Piano Competition.
Program (one round – free repertoire)
Cat. A maximum 8 minutes
Cat. B maximum 12 minutes
Cat. C maximum 15 minutes
Cat. D maximum 20 minutes
Please don’t hesitate to write us if you have any doubts.
Cat. A €50
Cat. B €60
Cat. C €70
Cat. D €85
Points from 98 to 100: First Absolute Prize and diploma
Points from 90 up: First Prize and diploma
Points from 80 to 89,99: Second prize and diploma
Points from 70 to 79,99: third prize and diploma
Points below 70: Mention
PRIZE RANGE Updated 15 April 2021
ABSOLUTE PRIZES AND SCOLARSHIPS:
Cat. A: First absolut prize with HIGHEST POINTS € 200
Cat. B: First absolut prize with HIGHEST POINTS € 350
Cat. C.: First absolut prize with HIGHEST POINTS € 450
Cat. D: First absolut prize with HIGHEST POINTS €1000, a concert in Orbetello Piano Festival
It will be possible to divide the echonomic prize in the case of ex- aequo
No competitor will be admitted who has studied in the last two years with a jury member: each juror will sign a relevant declaration about the contestans. The jury’s decision is final.
The winners’ names will be announced according to the possible means at the time of the announcement (streaming or asynchronous)
By applying to the competition you accept all the articles included into this notice. In the case of any demonstration, the Italian text of this regulation will be worthy.
Application deadline 10th April
To apply to Orbetello Piano Competition you need to send:
- Name, Family name, birth place and date, Nationality, Address, phone number, email address, Italian TAX CODE (If available) – If the candidate is under 18 years old also give those data from a parent\tutorthrough the application form in the “Application” page
- Link YouTube accessible (non crypted) of the round with written program in the description
- A portrait photo for the competition graphics
- Copy of bank transfer for application fee (bank commission to be paid by the candidate)
- IBAN IT22B0885172320000000200626 Banca TEMA Terre Etrusche e di Maremma- Credito Cooperativo – Società Cooperativa
Bic Swift Code: ICRAITRRNN0 Associazione Culturale “Kaletra Contemporanea” Via calatafimi 2, 58015 Orbetello GRIF YOU PREFER, INSTEAD OF THE BANK TRANSFER, YOU CAN USE PAYPAL FOR THE PAYMENT – ALSO ACCEPTED CREDIT CARDS, JUST START THE PROCEDURE AND YOU WILL FIND HOW TO INSERT THE CARD DETAILS
- PayPal recipient: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE USE THE APPLICATION FORM ON THE “APPLICATION” PAGE. In the case you need technical assistance, please refer to email@example.com but don’t send application documents to that email.
REQUIREMENTS AND REGULATION OF VIDEOS TO SEND
– Videos must be sent through YouTube links, making sure that the videos are visible.
– Videos must be recent and must have been filmed in the Years 2020\2021
– The pianist must be playing on an Upright or Grand piano. Digital pianos are allowed in the A and B category
– It’s not permitted to have audio editing DURING THE SAME PIECE. We recommend to have a fix view in the video, but in the case of multiple cameras, it should be Absolutely clear that the view is consequential and the sound is continuous. The face and hands of the candidate must be visible. It’s possible to have more pieces filmed in different moments in the same link.
-It’s kindly asked if possible, to include the program in the description of the video and in any case you are required to write it in the application form.
– The competition reserves the right to stream the videos in its own channels, on social networks etc.
This cultural event is not comparable to the sweepstakes, as intended by D.P.R.430/2001, art.6 com.1. Therefore, the Resolution n.8/1251 of the 28th October 1976 decides that the prizes will not be income taxed at the source.However,we specify that the final prizes will be added to Your personal income and the winners will have to pay own compulsory contributions on the basis of Your income tax return.