Regulation Orbetello Piano Competition ONLINE EDITION 2021
The competition will be held ONLINE – asynchronous mode – during the period 10th April – 3rd June 2021 and is open to pianists of any nationality born after 9th May 1985 (Up to 36 years old). It will be mandatory, in order to participate, to send one or more videos of piano performance (Check following articles of the regulation).
The jury will listen to the preliminary round videos – asynchronous mode – and will select those candidates who pass to the final round. The candidates will be notified, and the results of the preliminary round will be announced on the website and on the social networks of the competition. The organization of the competition will allow approx 8 days time to submit the Finals Video after the candidate has received the communication of passing through the finals. The candidate can, however, send the links for the final ALSO UPON INITIAL application, together with the FIRST ROUND LINKS
After screening the Final round videos, the Jury will determine an order of points through the candidates, that will be awarded three main prizes, made of scolarships and one concert for Piano and Orchestra in the season 2022 of Orbetello Piano Festival. It will be possible to award prizes as ex-aequo, sharing the scolarship (in the case of ex-aequo at the first prize, the Jury will be able to choose only one pianist as the winner of the Piano and Orchestra concert-prize)
Candidates will provide two videos with one round each. On the second round it’s not allowed to repeat the repertoire played in the first round. The links for both rounds will be sent at the time of the application.
– Sunday 16th May, announcement of the results of the first test / you will be notified on how to communicate the results
– Sunday 23 May deadline for the presentation of the videos of the 2nd round for candidates who didn’t send yet (in the case they sent already, and they would like to make any changes, they should SHORTLY contact the Direction)
– Thursday 3 June Announcement of the final results
CALENDAR UPDATED ON 13 APRIL 2021
NB: AN EMAIL HAS BEEN SENT WITH THIS UPDATE TO EVERY PARTICIPANT
No competitor will be admitted who has studied in the last two years with a jury member: each juror will sign a relevant declaration about the contestans. The jury’s decision is final.
The winners’ names will be announced according to the possible means at the time of the announcement (streaming or asynchronous)
The application to Orbetello Master Piano Competition does not predjudicate the application to Orbetello Junior Piano Competition, so one candidate can, for example, apply in one category of Orbetello Junior Piano Competition(in the case the age is suitable), and in the Master competition.
On registration for the competition applicants tacitly accept all rules contained in this notification. The Italian version of this announcement will be deemed official in the case of any subsequent contestation.
The application fee is one-time payment and it includes participation in the preliminary round. No extra application fee is required at the time of the submission of the Final round links (in the case the candidate is accepted to the final). No reimboursement is due in the case the candidate is not admitted to the Final round.
Video with free program max 15-20 minutes (piano solo program – No piano concertos)
Video with free program max 30 minutes (Piano Solo Program – No Piano Concertos)
1st Prize: €3000 and one concert for Piano and Orchestra
2nd Prize: €1500
3rd Prize: €500
It’s possible to share prizes – in the case of ex- aequo the Jury reserves the right to decide which candidate 1st ex-Aequo will be awarded the concert-prize for Piano and Orchestra
Application deadline 10th April
To apply to Orbetello Piano Competition you need to send:
- Name, Family name, birth place and date, Nationality, Address, phone number, email address, Italian TAX CODE (If available) – If the candidate is under 18 years old also give those data from a parent\tutor – you can USE THE APPLICATION FORM IN THE APPLICATION PAGE OF THE WEBSITE
- Link YouTube accessible (non crypted) of the preliminary round and of the final round with written program in the description
- A portrait photo for the competition graphics
- Copy of bank transfer for application fee €100 (bank commission to be paid by the candidate)
- IBAN IT22B0885172320000000200626 Banca TEMA Terre Etrusche e di Maremma- Credito Cooperativo – Società Cooperativa
Bic Swift Code: ICRAITRRNN0 Associazione Culturale “Kaletra Contemporanea” Via calatafimi 2, 58015 Orbetello GR
IF YOU PREFER, INSTEAD OF THE BANK TRANSFER, YOU CAN USE PAYPAL FOR THE PAYMENT – ALSO ACCEPTED CREDIT CARDS, JUST START THE PROCEDURE AND YOU WILL FIND HOW TO INSERT THE CARD DETAILS
- PayPal recipient: email@example.com
Email address for technical issues: firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE DON’T SEND APPLICATION DOCUMENTS THROUGH EMAIL:
REQUIREMENTS AND REGULATION OF VIDEOS TO SEND
– Videos must be sent through YouTube links, making sure that the videos are visible.
– Videos must be recent and must have been filmed in the Years 2020\2021
– The pianist must be playing on an Upright or Grand piano
– It’s not permitted to have audio editing DURING THE SAME PIECE. We recommend to have a fix view in the video, but in the case of multiple cameras, it should be Absolutely clear that the view is consequential and the sound is continuous. The face and hands of the candidate must be visible. It’s possible to have more pieces filmed in different moments in the same link.
– Pieces must be played by heart
-It’s kindly asked if possible, to include the program in the description of the video and in any case you are required to write it in the application form.
– The competition reserves the right to stream the videos in its own channels, on social networks etc.
This cultural event is not comparable to the sweepstakes, as intended by D.P.R.430/2001, art.6 com.1. Therefore, the Resolution n.8/1251 of the 28th October 1976 decides that the prizes will not be income taxed at the source.However,we specify that the final prizes will be added to Your personal income and the winners will have to pay own compulsory contributions on the basis of Your income tax return.